The studio assistant manager serves at the heart of our growing yoga community and supports a safe, nurturing and spiritual environment in a wide array of responsibilities related to successful operation of a community centered, women empowering, eco-friendly venture. This includes providing a warm welcome and smooth interaction with students, patients, practitioners, teachers and staff members.
The ideal candidate shows:
- Poise to gracefully handle yogi’s needs and demonstrate amazing attitude toward supporting students on their spiritual and yogic path
- Strong initiative and problem solving
- Dependability and ability to follow-through
- Resourcefulness with ability to make decisions
- Ability to accept direction, and be accountable for one’s work outcomes, completing projects or responsibilities with a sense of ownership and ability to exhibit grace under pressure and multi-tasking.
- Ability to be a team player, recognizing that the studio manager’s work and outcomes affects all other on the team and the students.
- Eagerness to contribute other duties to be mutually determined as one grows into the role.
- Passion for yoga and being of service to others
- Commitment to helping others realize the benefits of yoga, regular practice and incorporating other healing modalities
- Demonstrates ability to build strong relationships and mentorship with staff and students
- Possesses a positive, outgoing, and friendly attitude
- Demonstrates willingness to incorporate and convey studio values (compassion, mindfulness, community, integrity, purpose, passion, creativity, initiative) in their daily work and in relationships with staff and customers
- Enjoys brainstorming ideas and visionary work for the company
- Takes initiative and creates solutions
- Assists with researching and developing new ideas to grow and add value to the studio
The position includes:
- Supervising and managing studio staff
- Customer Service
- Studio facility mainenance, inventory, and upkeep
- Boutique management
- 20 hours / week
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly: $13 during trainig period; $15 after two months
- Unlimited complimentary yoga, 25% discount on workshops/events, and retreats, boutique merchandise
- Health insurance participation available
- Vacation days sick days as mutually agreed
- Have own vehicle
- Available weekday evenings and weekends
- 4 year bachelors degree
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Constant Contact, Mindbody Online. Experience in Photoshop a plus
All of Studio DC managers and paid position employees begin as an active member of our Sacred Connections Program for 3 months before being considered. Exceptions may be given to those who become a member of our teaching faculty prior to application. All applications and resumes should be sent to email@example.com