This is a full-time salaried position in a key managerial role and serving the overall financial success of two yoga companies. The candidate serves as the entrepreneurial leader at the heart of two DC studios and provides overall studio leadership in the studio culture by upholding the company’s core values and leading by example. This position requires a highly organized and results driven candidate who is able to multi-task and follow through in a fast-paced and fluid environment. The Studio Manager is the primary driver for generating new revenues and retaining customer & staff while managing the risks associated with operating a local business and strives to minimize risks to company assets.
- Monitor and manage studio operations against SDC approved proposed budget, monthly and quarterly.
- Candidate must take ownership of the studio performance and is directly responsible for driving revenue targets and continued financial growth & profitability of two Studios.
- Must be able to complete required sales reports and proper financial recording. Such reporting includes, but is not limited to frequent statistical reporting.
- Interact with Accountant for financial alignment, monthly status reports, annual taxes and audit opportunities.
- Responsible for preparing revenue plans and monthly/seasonal forecasts. Ability to foresee seasonal ups and downs and managing promotions and sales to ensure budget and meeting bottom line.
- Create, implement marketing strategies, including media planning, direct and email marketing, SEM, social media, partnerships, events, outreach and promotions.
- Develop new programs, innovative marketing efforts, product procurement and retail opportunities to exceed budget expectations & recover from any loss while keeping profitability and the company's bottom line in mind.
- Ability to motivate and lead the team to achieve sales goals and membership targets, taking active measures to ensure the studio hits monthly and annual target goals.
- Work with in-house and external creative services, contractors on innovative brand development, production and campaign implementation, tracking and analysis of marketing efforts.
- Develop and manage as a brand “ambassador” to ensure that the brand is being properly represented across all marketing touch points and manage branded partnerships for the studio. Be on the cutting edge of yoga industry and creative trends.
- Creative writing, copy editing, press releases across all marketing platforms.
- Maintain strong internal relations and high level of communication with key stakeholders to ensure company/ owner‘s values and enforces procedures and policies.
- Manage and supervise all staff and deliver feedback through performance reviews, improvement and growth plans, and necessary disciplinary action in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction. Facilitate a positive and productive environment as well as create a spirit of teamwork. Complete all required critical employee documentation files on-site.
- Qualified candidates must have proven leadership ability with 4-6 years of management experience and documented history of successful HR experience: hiring, supervising and retaining of staff and enforcing policies and procedure on behalf of owner/company.
- 4-8 years of marketing experience with a leading lifestyle brand or agency, someone who graduated in 2010 or earlier. 2011, 2012 and later graduates are too junior for supervisory role.
- Financial management experience a must.
- Candidate must be able to gracefully and competently handle large numbers of people at one time, manage staff and gracefully handle all the details and administrative issues that come with managing a busy studio.
- Proven aptitude for high organization, prioritizing and multi-tasking with exceptional follow-through skills with "can-do" attitude.
- Outgoing, personable, strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
- Listening skills: listen first, then respond. Active listening and Non-Violent Communication a plus.
- Bookkeeping Budgeting & Forecasting Business Analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mindbody Online, Constant Contact, basic html coding, and Quickbooks. Experience in Photoshop is a plus.
- Owns a personal vehicle capable of transporting inventory.
- Candidate must have experience managing in a sales driven environment preferred.
- Competitve base salary
- Unlimited complimentary yoga, 40% discount on workshops/events, and retreats, boutique merchandise
- HMO and PPO health insurance options
- Complimentary Level 1 yoga teacher training; 50% off full 200 hour program
- Must be available to work hours that meet the operational needs of the studio which includes daytime, evening and weekend hours as well as some holidays.
- Vacation days, sick days as mutually agreed upon
Please submit resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org